You’ve lined up the perfect DJ and armed him with a dance-heavy song list. You know your wedding reception is going to last into the wee hours of the morning, because it’s going to be so much fun. If you want your guests to party like it’s 1999, you need to keep them going with snacks throughout the night. Periodically serving fun, delicious and unique snacks is the best way to keep them on the dance floor.
We’ve compiled some of our top wedding snack ideas, so all you have to do is pick your favorites — and get ready to dance!
How to Pick the Best Snacks for Your Reception
When planning your snack menu, consider:
• Your story — Can you tie a snack into how you met or fell in love? Was your favorite go-to date spot In-and-Out Burger? Why not send out platters of cheeseburgers for your guests. Did you eat sushi the night you were engaged? Bring out a colorful sushi station to surprise your loved ones. Did your partner pop the question at the fair? Treat your guests to mini candy apples and cotton candy!
• Your favorite flavors — Do you guys love crushing a certain bag of chips together? How about mixing things up and serving mini bags on fancy cake platters? After all, everyone loves chips!
• Your theme — If your wedding theme leans more casual than formal, why not set up a buffet of comfort food treats, from wings to mac ‘n’ cheese? A little more on the formal side? Plate them in miniature dishes and have your catering staff pass them out to guests.
• Your culture — Food is one of the best ways to share your culture with guests. Choose snacks that represent your cultural background.
After-Dinner Food for Weddings
Some of the best after-dinner foods for weddings include:
• Sliders — From hamburgers to pulled pork, sliders are filling and easy to eat with one hand. Your guests can layer on the flavors with sauces and condiments, too, based on their preferences.
• Roasted Nuts — Packed full of protein, you can easily dress up roasted nuts with flavors and salt. Pass them out in single-serving paper bowls for a quick and easy way to keep the energy flowing.
• Iced Coffee — Don’t forget to provide caffeine! With iced coffee, your guests can cool down while getting the zap of energy they need to party on.
• Mini Lobster Rolls — Adorable, tasty and protein-filled, these little treats are perfect for a late-night snack.
• Funnel Cakes — You can’t spell “funnel” cakes without “fun.” Freshly made funnel cakes not only taste delicious, but they also smell like a carnival of excitement!
• Cookies — Cookies are a great ending to the festivities. After all the delicious snacks, your guests will appreciate something that appeals to their sweet tooth.
• Salted Caramel Corn — This classic comfort treat is another great way to end the evening. Provide your guests with bags so they have something to munch on in the car ride home.
Whatever you pick, your guests will appreciate the snacks — and your reception will be a guaranteed hit.